Do you love Twin Cities Veg Fest? Great! One important way that you can help out is to spread the word. And there’s lots of ways you can do this:
- Tell your friends. In person. The best way to get new people to the festival, to have them learn about wonderful plant-based foods, is direct person-to-person discussion.
- Social media. Follow and share our Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest pages then share with your friends. Also, invite your friends to our Facebook event. Use the the hashtags #TCVegFest2014 and #CelebrateCompassion. You could also consider becoming a Social Media Ambassador.
- Put up posters and flyers! We have four sessions planned. For each of these, please let us know if you can come. We will provide free food!
- Saturday, August 16, 1 to 5 pm meet at the CAA office, 2100 First Ave S, Suite 200, Minneapolis
- Saturday, September 6, 1 to 5 pm, meet at the office, 2100 First Ave S, Suite 200, Minneapolis
- Monday, September 8, 1 to 5 pm, meet on the 2nd floor of Coffman Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis
- Thursday, September 11, 1 to 5 pm, meet on the 2nd floor of Coffman Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis
- If you want to put up posters but are not available on those days, no problem! Email your address to email@example.com and he can mail you out a handful of posters and flyers. Or feel free to make an appointment with him to pick them up at the office.
- Hand out leaflets at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities with us on August 27, September 2, September 18, and September 25
- Staff a table at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities on August 30, September 9, or September 17.
- Subscribe to the Compassionate Action for Animals Weekly Update and forward emails to your friends. We’ll have a lot of news about the festival coming up!
If you have a blog or website of your own, here are two images you can use to link to our site (click on the images for larger versions):
For University of Minnesota, Twin Cities students…in addition to the two on-campus postering sessions above, you can:
- Ask your professor if you can announce the festival at the beginning of class. This especially makes sense in philosophy, nutrition, or environmental classes, but many professors will let you make a brief plug. Contact us to get some flyers to hand out to your classmates, and let us know if you have any questions about what to say.
- Hand out flyers in the dorms on Tuesday, September 23
Is there another way to get the word out that we should mention here? Let us know!
From previous festivals, we’ve learned that the most common way for nonvegetarians to hear about the festival is from their vegetarian friends. And we need a lot more nonvegetarians to come to the festival and learn about why and how to choose veg to have a big impact on farm animals. Your help is crucial!